Monday, October 4, 2010

Children & Youth Day Festival





There was no excuse for us not going to the festival since Auntie Josette offered VIP parking and the use of her air conditioned office. I've passed the capitol during the festival many years and told myself, "I should go to that." The last time I visited was for a field trip and here I was explaining the significance of the columns (palm trees), water surrounding the capitol (Pacific Ocean), and the rotunda (volcanoes that created the islands) to Anna, Dylan and Shawn.
Uncle Carl saved the day with his humongous umbrella that protected us from the sun and a short downpour as we waited for over an hour for the Moon Bouncer. The kids had fun and that's all that matters.
Free rides, games, pumpkins and plants were available and no, I didn't see the governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment